Show Field Total in Dashboard

Jump to solution
06-03-2021 08:00 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. I have a field in my Survey123 (screenshot attached) that has a number value for the number of victims in each individual survey taken in our Damage Assessment field survey. I want to show, somewhere in the dashboard, the TOTAL of all victims across all surveys taken, so basically the total sum all the values in this field. I cannot find a dashboard element that will do this - I was hoping Indicator would allow me to do this somehow, but I have not found a solution yet. Is this possible to show?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Should be possible.  Add Indicator Element -> Choose your feature as input -> 'Data options' -> Statistic - 'Sum', Field - 'totalvictims' -> Done

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Should be possible.  Add Indicator Element -> Choose your feature as input -> 'Data options' -> Statistic - 'Sum', Field - 'totalvictims' -> Done

NajmehServatsamarein2
New Contributor III

Hello , i have same problem with total service unit. when i select Data options' -> Statistic - 'Sum', the only field i can see is object ID. there is no service units field !

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

What's the field data type?

0 Kudos
NajmehServatsamarein2
New Contributor III

It is String. 

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

needs to be a number.

0 Kudos
NajmehServatsamarein2
New Contributor III

yes I changed it this morning. and it works. thank you. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, this should definitely be the solution. However, this field does not show up as an option once I select 'Sum'. The question type in the survey is 'calculate' which apparently is not a numeric field. I am not sure how to format it as a numeric field which the dashboard will recognize. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I created a new integer question in the survey and that solved the problem. Thanks!

0 Kudos