Show current # of live users for a Web App in a Dashboard.

04-21-2020 05:37 AM
DrewChritton
New Contributor III

I am creating a public facing application to be used for an event and an internal use Dashboard. I would like to know if there is a way to show the current number of users on the public application as an indicator box in a dashboard. Has anyone done this? Any idea if it's possible? If further information is needed, please reach out! Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Drew,

> I am creating a public facing application to be used for an event and an internal use Dashboard. I would like to know if there is a way to show the current number of users on the public application as an indicator box in a dashboard.

I suppose this might be possible if the information on "the current number of users on the public application" was stored in a hosted feature layer. This might be possible by using some custom python scripts that would query for the current number of users accessing your web app - although I am not a developer.

You could start to learn about the REST API here,

Working with users, groups, and items—ArcGIS REST API: Users, groups, and content | ArcGIS for Devel... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos