Selection tool in Operations Dashboard map

12-07-2017 02:23 AM
KatyHaddock
New Contributor II

I have found this example dashboard in one of the recent blogs - http://esri.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d7661e36aead42208f4faec23dc78235 .

This Dashboard has a selection tool in the map, is this in the new dashboards or coming soon?

Thank you,

Katy

14 Replies
deleted-user-8TJ6jZDO1Rfr
New Contributor III

Looking for this functionality as well. Hopefully it happens soon. 

0 Kudos
badrzaki
New Contributor

How to get this selection tool ?

How to get this selection tool ?

0 Kudos
VivekMalleshappa
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

Selection tools are enabled for a map element, once you configure one or more layer actions for that map. To configure actions, open the configuration for the map element and in the Layer actions tab, add actions for any of the underlying layers: 

-Vivek.

0 Kudos
BenMittler
New Contributor

This still requires the user to select the selection tool though. Why can't dashboards be configured to have actions upon simply clicking a feature on a map. This would make the most sense. Having the user navigate to the select tool and select a feature in order to trigger an action is not intuitive to anyone not famailiar with GIS.

SimonJishi
New Contributor II

I have added an action, and the selection tool is now displayed on the map window, however when I click on it and try to select a feature from the configured layer, it does not work why?

0 Kudos