Rich Text and Dynamic Content in a Dashboard

Jump to solution
05-30-2018 04:52 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to create a dynamic dashboard using ArcGIS Online. I've managed to create a dashboard that includes an interactive map with data linked from a REST service and charts/graphs/lists/details/indicators that summarize the information shown in the map. This all works nicely and dynamically so as the map pans everything updates. 

I was hoping to create a rich text element on the dashboard that would contain a standard descriptive text but with dynamic text linked to indicators or lists included in the dashboard. For example a sentence might say" The total number of fish in the study area are X" where X is the value shown in the dynamic indicator for fish occurrences on the map. Another example the total length of watercourses in the map extent is X km within X watersheds.

My question: Is this possible? Can we link indicators, lists, and details to rich text elements so that parts of the text show updates dynamically as the map changes? Is there a way to call these indicators using HTML or something similar?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AgnesKauer1
New Contributor

I had the same problem. The way I "fixed" it was by using the "Details" element. It shows whatever you set in the pop-ups of that layer. Make sure to only allow one element to show (in the settings of Details) and it will look just like text. It's a quick and dirty fix, but did the job for now. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AgnesKauer1
New Contributor

I had the same problem. The way I "fixed" it was by using the "Details" element. It shows whatever you set in the pop-ups of that layer. Make sure to only allow one element to show (in the settings of Details) and it will look just like text. It's a quick and dirty fix, but did the job for now. Hope this helps

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll give that a try. 

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

The current Release of ArcGIS Dashboards (tested in ArcGIS Online, Dec. 2021 version and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1(+)) supports indicators with text content using Data options value type: Feature and Indicator options Advanced formatting middleText: $datapoint.yourtextfield,

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/create-and-share/advanced-formatting.htm