Reporting and Export options in Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 12:17 PM
KaceyPham1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to be able to create a report of the results of queries and other widgets in Operations Dashboard. I would like to be able to export to pdf, excel, or csv. I have been unable to find a reporting or exporting add-in on ArcGIS Online. Can anyone offer in help or suggestions?

Thank you,

Kacey

15 Replies
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

I noticed that as well. As far as I understand the add-on is not supported in the web browser version.

0 Kudos
AlinaTaus
Occasional Contributor

Hi Charlie,

Have you recently used this add-on? I tried to add it to a new Operation Dashboard the other day and it didn't work properly. I can use it once or twice fine (select records, export to .CSV) and then I start  getting an error message that says "Please select records". The only way I can get it to work again is if I remove the Add-on and add it back in, but that's not ideal. Has anyone else encountered this error?

Thank you!

Alina 

0 Kudos
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alina,

I just opened and tested an Ops View I built several months ago using the export CSV from http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=f7849431c1494225991a1d241592efc2 and it is still working fine. I know there are many versions of the export tool out there so maybe try using this one? I am running Windows 7 and Ops Dashboard version 10.3.1.1026 | Runtime Version 10.2.5.825

0 Kudos
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Charlie (and Alina),

Yes, WPF-based addins (such as this export CSV map tool) will only work in the desktop app and not the browser app. However, using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript you can develop extensions that can be cross-platform (please see here​ for more info).

Cheers,

Tif

TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II

Recently we've added an "Export to CSV" feature action sample to our GitHub repository. It's written using the ArcGIS API for JavaScript and will work in both the Windows and browser platform. Please check it out and if you would like to help improve the sample, we love getting pull requests and issues from you!

Tif

FarrahM
New Contributor II

Does this work to pull CVS data based on the filtered criteria of the dashboard?

0 Kudos