Problem with map feature selection after filtering

Jump to solution
12-06-2022 12:50 AM
Labels (1)
AdminWPZ
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I built a Dashboard with filters on the left side (in blue) that filter features on the map. Items on the map can be selected with the map selection function (top left in the map).

On startup:

- If I first activate a filter, then try to select items on the map, I get an error: No feature available ("Kein Feature verfügbar", see top left of the map).

- If I select items on the map, then clear the selection (or keep it), then activate one or several filters, then select more / different items on the map, the selection works as it should.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

AdminWPZ_0-1670316479704.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdminWPZ
New Contributor III

Quick update: I looked at it with ESRI support. Turns out this is a bug that ESRI  is going to fix at some point. The problem is that setting a filter in the webmap conflicts with the Dashboard category filter function:

"Updates have been made to the following defect which you are associated with:
BUG-000156012 - In ArcGIS Dashboards, setting a filter in the web map and a filter in the dashboard results in "No feature available" when selecting features in the map".

It will be addressed in a future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdminWPZ
New Contributor III

Quick update: I looked at it with ESRI support. Turns out this is a bug that ESRI  is going to fix at some point. The problem is that setting a filter in the webmap conflicts with the Dashboard category filter function:

"Updates have been made to the following defect which you are associated with:
BUG-000156012 - In ArcGIS Dashboards, setting a filter in the web map and a filter in the dashboard results in "No feature available" when selecting features in the map".

It will be addressed in a future release.

0 Kudos