Overwrite date based filter date conversion

Jump to solution
06-04-2021 01:25 PM
Labels (1)
Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Based on following documentation:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/get-started/date-based-filter-conditions.htm

It says:

------

When filtering dates, enter the time component in your local time zone. Behind the scenes, the dashboard searches the target layer's properties for time zone information.  If time zone information is found, queries are sent in that time zone. This may involve converting the input values to the target layer's time zone. If time zone information is not found, the dashboard converts the input values to coordinated universal time (UTC) before they are sent.

---------

But got a question from client who has a national applications that is  Is it possible to overwrite date based filter so do not convert input values to target layers' time zone or UTC before they are sent?

The reason is for example, there is a record in database shows date is June 1st 1 am 2021 UTC, client wants all the end uses across the country can see that record if choose between June 1st  and June 2nd with date filter.

But now because Date Filter will covert input date, so some end users can't see that record.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

Hello Ming.  I had the same issue last month and spent a lot of time with an ESRI rep working the case.  Others have been trying to get this for some time (like 7 years).  I was informed this was now on the list as an upcoming enhancement.  Let's hope this happens soon! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KinleyWinchester
New Contributor III

Hello Ming.  I had the same issue last month and spent a lot of time with an ESRI rep working the case.  Others have been trying to get this for some time (like 7 years).  I was informed this was now on the list as an upcoming enhancement.  Let's hope this happens soon! 🙂

Ming
by
Occasional Contributor

Good news, thank you very much for sharing!

0 Kudos