Operations Dashboard Browser Issue Using Microsoft Edge, Images Not Loading

04-08-2019 07:29 AM
CapriceWalker
New Contributor

Hello all,

Recently I have created an Operations Dashboard and, while testing, I noticed that none of the images will load when using the browser Microsoft Edge. This includes icons in the header panel, images in the slide over panel, images included in rich text, and items in embedded content! All images have "https" in the URL.

I am using all of these features of the dashboard and hope that i don't have to direct users to not use specific browsers (i.e. Edge) as this is cumbersome.

Is there something I can do to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Caprice,

Nice looking Dashboard - any chance there's a public link?

> I noticed that none of the images will load when using the browser Microsoft Edge. This includes icons in the header panel, images in the slide over panel, images included in rich text, and items in embedded content! All images have "https" in the URL.

We haven't seen this behavior before. Are the images located somewhere inaccessible to Edge? Do you see the same behavior in Chrome or FireFox? Have you tested referencing images from a different location?

Have you created other Dashboards with images (from a different location) and do you observe the same behavior? What about other Dashboards with images (from the same location) - do you see the same results?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CapriceWalker
New Contributor

Greetings Derek, thank you for your response.

All other browsers (including Chrome, IE, and FireFox) do display the images appropriately. I'm not sure that I have access to another location to store the images but that is a valid option for testing purposes that I will approach my supervisor with. I will also create a secondary demo dashboard using the images from the same location (as you suggested) as a control test. I'll reply with my results!

As to you other question, this dashboard displays the project history of the City of Tallahassee Community Redevelopment Agency and will soon be available to the public, but as of yet, is not. We are working out the kinks and ensuring accurate data at this time. I will post a link when ready.

And finally, loving the dashboard as an application in general! Thanks!