Operations Dashboard - Are attachments in the Details element controlled by map pop-up settings?

Jump to solution
08-19-2019 07:58 PM
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

I have an Operations Dashboard with a Map, List, and Details elements. Within the Details, it seems that attachments do not display if they are turned off in the map pop-up. Is this the correct behavior? It seems odd that to enable attachments in the Details element I also have to enable them in the pop-up for the map. When i turn them off in the Map, they no longer display in the Details.

I want to be able to click on a feature in the List, show the pop-up in the map, and filter the Details to that record (showing the attached photos).

It seems pointless to require the attachments be on in the pop-up so they appear in the Details element… Or is there something I am missing? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieLambert

On further investigation, I found this:

Details—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

which says "The details element is used to show information about features or rows from a layer. Its display is based on a layer's pop-up information."

So that answers that! I think the Details element should be configured separately to the pop-ups, so i might add that as an enhancement request.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamieLambert

On further investigation, I found this:

Details—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

which says "The details element is used to show information about features or rows from a layer. Its display is based on a layer's pop-up information."

So that answers that! I think the Details element should be configured separately to the pop-ups, so i might add that as an enhancement request.