New Dashboard view in Enterprise 10.6

01-19-2018 12:02 PM
EnshengDong5
New Contributor II

Hello! Did anyone successfully set up dashboards in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 on premises? The official doc says "Dashboard items will be supported in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6. They are not supported in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 or earlier," but I failed to find Create -> App -> Using Operations Dashboard in Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.

[Ref: General FAQs—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS]

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ensheng,

The new nextgen Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS was not included in the ArcGIS Enterprise - Portal for ArcGIS 10.6 component software install. For the 10.6 release only, Operations Dashboard will have a separate installer for Portal, which should be available next week from the MyEsri site.

So the behavior you've observed is expected until you run the Operations Dashboard installer.

In future releases, Operations Dashboard will be bundled and included within the ArcGIS Enterprise - Portal for ArcGIS component.

Hope this helps,

EnshengDong5
New Contributor II

Thanks, Derek! I am looking forward to testing the new Ops Dashboard in the Portal next week!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Ensheng,

Glad to hear it. FYI, there will be an Esri Live Training Seminar on this app next week on Jan 25th,

Real-Time Decision Making with Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Hope this helps,

EnshengDong5
New Contributor II

Hello Derek!

I have added it to my calendar! I'm looking forwarding to learning more about this fancy new Operations Dashboard!!!

Best,

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

FYI Ensheng,

The installer for the new Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 is now available for download from the MyEsri site (https://my.esri.com/ ).

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
EnshengDong5
New Contributor II

Hello Derek! Thanks so much for the update! We deployed ArcGIS Enterprise on multiple servers. Which server do you suggest to install this Ops Dashboard, the Portal for ArcGIS server or ArcGIS Server server? Is there an installation guide I could refer to? Thanks again!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Ensheng,

You should install Ops Dashboard for ArcGIS on the Portal machine. There is no install guide as the process is pretty simple and has a click through wizard.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
EnshengDong5
New Contributor II

Great! I have successfully installed the new Operations Dashboard in the Portal. That's a giant progress for the Ops Dashboard! Thanks for your help, Derek!