Metadata for displayed data in Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
10-05-2019 01:01 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I am looking for a good way to display metadata for each of the charts/indicators I am displaying within my dashboard. The data that is displayed was collected from different sources and I would like the user to be able to check where the data is coming from. I tried to add the source as a description but it takes too much space vertically. In the screenshot you see that I added the sources in the right lower corner but then it is difficult to see which data is coming from which source. It would be great to have something like a small info button for each item to show the meta data in a small popup or similar. Or to show the metadata in description but only when the chart is enlarged. 

Any idea to make this as user friendly as possible and still save as much space as possible?

Thanks for your input!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

Nice Dashboard, any chance you could share a link to it?

> Any idea to make this as user friendly as possible and still save as much space as possible?

How about adding the metadata for each element with the Rich text element, then just stack it on top of each element. In this way, you would have the same Dashboard layout as you currently have, but each element would have a tab that an end user could click on, to view the metadata for the element?

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

Nice Dashboard, any chance you could share a link to it?

> Any idea to make this as user friendly as possible and still save as much space as possible?

How about adding the metadata for each element with the Rich text element, then just stack it on top of each element. In this way, you would have the same Dashboard layout as you currently have, but each element would have a tab that an end user could click on, to view the metadata for the element?

Hope this helps,

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a great idea! Thanks a lot! Why didn't I get that myself? 

I am happy share the link as soon as it is approved. 

Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Only issue I have now with this is that I loose the space that is used for showing the tabs of the stagged windows 😞

Looks like I can't have all in one 😉

0 Kudos