Media widget reporting: "unsupported media"

04-12-2020 01:55 AM
deleted-user-BnQZYwGpWEA5
New Contributor II

If you’re on photo 2/2 in a defect entry and then click to go to the next defect and that defect only has one attachment, then it’s coming up with “Unsupported media”. As a temporary workaround, I think you would just need to look through the photos within a defect and then go back to photo 1 before clicking to scroll through the defects. Is there a way to make this automatic so it always goes to photo 1 when you scroll to the next defect?

PS: Images as stored in attachments. This is AGOL ArcGIS Dashboards 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Walter,

> Media widget reporting: "unsupported media" ... This is AGOL ArcGIS Dashboards 

ArcGIS Dashboards does not have a "media widget" - can you please clarify which element you're using and seeing this behavior?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-BnQZYwGpWEA5
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

Yes, my fault. I thought it was clear by looking at the screenshots. It's the "Details" widget.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Walter,

> Is there a way to make this automatic so it always goes to photo 1 when you scroll to the next defect?

We don't have this functionality in the Details element. Sorry. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for ArcGIS Dashboards.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JakeJacobsAVA
New Contributor III

I wanted to let anyone who comes across this that know that I reported this issue to an Esri support analyst and BUG-000136747 was created. 

So at least the issue of getting the unsupported media error is logged. I also said it would be better if it just went back to 1, but not sure how they will actually resolve the bug.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

It is very frustrating. I have been getting this error as well.  How many photos do you have in your attachments?  I have 6222 in mine.  Any feed back on the Bug yet

0 Kudos