map zoom level when clicking on item list

Jump to solution
12-15-2017 11:38 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to set the map to zoom to a particular level when clicking on an item in a list?

27 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aaron, 

I would like to do something similar for an Operations Dashboard category selector Action = Zoom. 

My OD map has a polygon selector based on Council Districts.  It works fine but the zoom threshold is so large as to almost be not helpful.

I see all of the configurable Action filters, in the JSON, but don't see where I could adjust the selector actions zoom properties. 

AliciaRitzenthaler
New Contributor III

I've made a copy of my dashboard and tried editing the json to add the "pointZoomScale": 10, line however after saving and reopening the dashboard no change. When I tap my list, all other points still disappear leaving only the one, but my map does not zoom into that point at all (which can make it extremely difficult to find). 

Where exactly does the pointZoomScale need to be added into the json? If it's in the correct location (I've tried it in the following 2 places), is there an configuration I'm missing in the dashboard?

Thanks!

Alicia

Line 6

Line20

DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

It looks like you're in the correct spot, but a zoom level of 10 would put your eyeball right up against a grasshopper's kneecap. 

Try something like 1,500, and make sure you don't have a filter action that is filtering your other points (or filtering a list that has it's own filter action, etc).  You should be able to change the point zoom scale in the dashboard map's settings once you change it in the JSON (in my experience). 

0 Kudos
WilliamTrachtman
New Contributor III

Is there a conversion of pointZoomScale values to the pre defined zoom levels on a map?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

What version of Portal are you all using? I am using 10.7 right now, and over-writing the json for the pointZoomScale from 10,000 to 1,500 has no affect on my dashboard. I am using a list widget for a point layer with the Zoom set up.

0 Kudos
ElizabethAyarbe
New Contributor II

I am trying to troubleshoot this question as well but with polygons. The answer states that the map should zoom into a polygon and that is not true. How do we change this for polygons? Thank you in advance!

WilliamTrachtman
New Contributor III

Elizabeth Ayarbe, I was never able to get polygons to work.  I made invisible points inside each polygon, then I used one point zoom level that was the best fit for viewing the polygons.  It is a work around, but it gets the job done and it looks like it is zooming in on the polygons.

ElizabethAyarbe
New Contributor II

Thank you for your quick response. I'll try doing the same. I was also thinking of creating a negative buffer that falls within the polygon feature and use that as my feature to zoom to. I'll see which one works best. Thank you again!

Liz

0 Kudos
bdewitt_olsson
New Contributor III

I'm working on a dashboard with different project areas that could end up having very different sizes and shapes. The polygon zoom doesn't zoom in close enough to see the details of the project, and the point zoom is not going to work for all the project areas since they're all different sizes.

It would be nice if when you set a zoom action in a dashboard there were zoom extent settings similar to those for Data Driven Pages/Map Series in ArcMap/Pro.

dbuchhorn_qsi
New Contributor

This is a great solution....why is it that when we are trying to do JSON code changes people always post screenshots of the code? WHY??? Just paste the text in here with formatting. Having to type out these long strings of code just leaves more room for error. 

0 Kudos