Linking Detail widget to Map Interface in Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
12-08-2017 07:13 AM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I'm playing around with Operations Dashboard for the first time and have a few questions. I'm hoping that I'm just missing something in the setup, but perhaps this functionality does not yet exist since it just came out of beta testing.

As background, I'm using O.D. to display statistics on our sign inventory. The only geometry in the inventory database (SDE version 10.5.1 with SQL Server) is a point feature class for the support. Everything else (signs, sign maintenance, and support maintenance) are tracked in related tables that are related with relationship classes.

I have two Details widgets in my map. One shows maintenance completed on signs in the last week; the other shows maintenance completed on supports in the last week. My question is this: is there any way to configure O.D. so that the end user can locate the repaired sign/support on the map? I don't see map actions available on the Details widget that would link them together, and there doesn't appear to be a way to enable search in the map. (The source map lets the person search and zoom to a location based on support ID or sign ID.)

As a side note, I tried configuring a List widget so that the user could click on a support ID and zoom to that location, but with nearly 7,000 supports in our inventory, I cannot show every possible option in the list.

Edited to add a screen shot of a portion of my dashboard.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmyRoust

In the April 2018 update, Esri added the ability to search the map. I turned that option on, but it's just using the Esri World Geocoder. I haven't gone back to see if it will honor any custom search settings that you create on your base map, but there aren't any custom search settings on my map right now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JRAdams
New Contributor III

Trying to do the same thing. Did you ever sort this out?

0 Kudos
AmyRoust

In the April 2018 update, Esri added the ability to search the map. I turned that option on, but it's just using the Esri World Geocoder. I haven't gone back to see if it will honor any custom search settings that you create on your base map, but there aren't any custom search settings on my map right now.

0 Kudos