Is there a way to add a table from ArcGIS online to Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS?

02-01-2018 12:13 PM
deleted-user-PtRDJk6zxghS
New Contributor II

I have tables that I would like to display in my dashboard.

Tags (1)
9 Replies
ChristalHigdon
New Contributor III

Related, I would like to display the attribute table from one of the layers in my map and have it filter on view extent. There's a widget in Web App Builder that does this but this is the only thing missing from Dashboard for me to make full use of it.

Thank you!

NicholeSalinger
New Contributor III

This is definitely needed for users who wish to download data from the dashboard!!! I looked to see if there's any sort of data export or extract tool but there's nothing posted except users wanting the same feature for a few years now. Aaron Pulver‌  Can you find out if this will ever be implemented? Seems like an oversight from a user perspective. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can use tables in Operations Dashboard just like other feature layers. There is no "table widget/visualization" though which is what you're asking for I think. You can view the table information in something like a list or details visualization. Either of those could be configured to be filtered by the map extent (using actions).

JustinConnerWR
Occasional Contributor II

The List visualization automatically selects only 1 field to display, and the Details visualization automatically displays all fields if the data is added external to a web map (using the "Select Layer" option).  It would be helpful to be able to select a particular field to display in a List.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can add additional fields to the list items. See the screenshot below:

List Configuration

JustinConnerWR

When I open the List Options, no fields show by default.  Do these override the default and that's why the default field isn't pre-populated?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you mean that when you create a new list, there are no field shown initially? Or, do you mean that there are no fields listed the dropdown (in the above screenshot)?

JustinConnerWR

No fields are shown initially.  I am happily able to add fields and format them thanks to your post.

Upon first browsing for functionality there's no indication that the the "Line Item Text" is where I can select fields, unless I happen to notice the {.} icon.  Is the "Real-Time Decision Making with Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS" the best resource for training myself to migrate from the Desktop version of Operations Dashboard?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great! I think that seminar will be a good starting point. There are also several blog posts that show how some sample dashboards were built.

Checkout these two in particular:

https://community.esri.com/people/DNyenhuis-esristaff/blog/2018/01/09/how-to-create-a-simple-real-ti... 

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2017/12/0... 

Also here is the link for the documentation:

What is a dashboard—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS