Is it possible to set up tabs at the top of the dashboard with each one having a separate set of data?

05-15-2018 12:08 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to make an emergency management dashboard with the usual stuff, damage assessment, situational awareness, weather etc Is it possible to make one dashboard and have a tab for each category or do I have to make a separate dashboard for each one?

Thanks  

4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bill,

> Is it possible to make one dashboard and have a tab for each category or do I have to make a separate dashboard for each one?

You would create a separate OpsDashboard app for each category, but then you could collect them together and display as a single app within a StoryMap, like Map Series. Checkout this great live example:

Arizona Dept of Emergency & Military Affairs Operations Dashboard Console

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that I like it! 

Thanks!

Bill

0 Kudos
JackSilburn
New Contributor III

I know this thread is old, but I thought I would add a different approach, using Operation Dashboards (ArcGIS Online). It's a bit of a workaround, but it uses the 'stack' feature of widgets.

If you drag a widget onto the center of another widget, you can stack widgets on top of each other:

This will give you the 'page' or 'tab'-like effect.

If you SHIFT + drag widgets together, grouping the widgets, you can drag the entire group (these groups can form your Dashboard pages).

Regards

ErinStrickler
New Contributor III

Thanks, Jack! Exactly what I was missing!

0 Kudos