Indicator in Operations Dashboard Showing Incorrect Count

03-21-2018 12:24 PM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

I am trying to create an indicator in the new Operations Dashboard and want to have it display the count of my features.  When I do so however, it gives an incorrect number.  The layer should have 42 features (and it even shows that if you open the table when creating the indicator), however when I actually create the indicator it shows 143 features.  Does anyone have any ideas why it's giving me a wrong count when it should say 42 instead of 143?

Thanks!

21 Replies
KevinSharkey
New Contributor

I have a similar problem where my layer reports a count of 509 features everywhere except in Operations Dashboard where it reports a count of 524.

I created a secure feature map service on our ArcGIS Server site and I consume this from within ArcGIS Online after adding it as a Feature Layer (to store credentials). ArcGIS Online confirms the feature count at 509 in the Map Viewer and the data tab in View item details etc.

The underlying feature class is non-versioned with archiving enabled within the enterprise geodatabase. Coincidentally, the business table has 524 rows, whereas the related view (business table name with suffix _evw) has 509 rows. My conclusion is, therefore, that the Operations Dashboard is incorrectly including edits. I haven't found a way to prevent this yet.

ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

I have an open case with tech support.  I will let them know about your post so that can add it to the case and check and see if that's what the issue is.  Thanks Kevin!

MarkChilcott
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Peoples,

We are seeing the indicators and gauges showing the incorrect count values.

As with Kevin we created a secure feature map service on our ArcGIS Server site and we consume this from within ArcGIS Online after adding it as a Feature Layer (to store credentials).  The underlying feature class is non-versioned with archiving enabled within the enterprise geodatabase.

The count being returned is the total number of rows in the table, including the archived values, which is clearly incorrect.

We have logged this as a support call.  Will get back if we discover anything.

Cheers,

Mark

MarkChilcott

Hi Peoples,

We logged the issue with ESRI support and in our particular case it was related to the following bug - which has been resolved in the 10.4 release.  The analyst was not able to reproduce in 10.6.1.

Bug BUG-000089257

Synopsis

The outStatistics query of MapServer returns incorrect results when the dataset is non-versioned archived data.

Cheers,

mark

MarkChilcott

Hi Peoples,

Quick follow up - Upgraded to ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 and the issue is resolved.

The issue is in the ArcGIS REST Service layers (not the database tier - we are still on ArcSDE 10.3.1).

Cheers,

Mark

AbdulJabbar1
New Contributor III

I have a very similar issue with feature count. It comes in Pie Chart and Indicator both. Please take a quick look at the screenshot attached.

Any assistance regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Abdul:

Is your data coming from SDE where the business table can have a different number of records than from layers feature count?

AbdulJabbar1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Thanks for responding to my query.

Yes you are spot on, my feature layer is coming from SDE (ArcGIS 10.3). I see everything alright till making web map in ArcGIS Online. However, when I utilised that layer in Operations Dashboard it gave me the incorrect number after setting up Indicator and Pie Chart.

Hope it makes more sense now.

Thanks

Abdul

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Abdul: Can you tell if there are edits features in your SDE business table that are being included in the indicator count?

0 Kudos