HowI can remove the Time stamp from the a list widget on a dashboard?

01-04-2022 08:01 AM
JoseBarrios1
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I have a table with a date field that I am using on list widget and the default date format is adding a Time stamp to the date value. Does anyone know how to remove the time from the output? Can I use arcade to re-format the date  data field to read mm/dd/yyyy? Thanks for any suggestions!

JB

0 Kudos
8 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I believe that comes from the default popup/attribute settings for the layer. If you go to the item's Visualization tab and adjust the attribute formatting in the popup settings, it should carry through to the dashboard.

Alternatively, if your dashboard is pulling its information from a Web Map, you can configure the popup attribute formatting in the web map.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Thank you Josh for your suggestion!

The date field is part of a related table ( no map or pop up to configure)  and there are no options to configure the table fields other than using arcade. I think!!

JB

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ah, yes. I've run into that problem myself. What you'd need to do is use something like AGO Assistant to view and edit the JSON of the map or the feature layer, and you can update the attribute formatting there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Not sure why , but I can't not even see the associated tables on AGO assistant. I can see the (JSON) layer but not the associated tables or fields. It is frustrating that something that simple takes so much effort to edit. 

JB

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

Not a real solution to the problem, but  a way to go around was creating a new TEXT field and copy the data from the DATE field (Using Pro). I use the new TEXT field for the list widget. 

0 Kudos
TrevorGilmore
New Contributor

Is there a way to fix this in an Online environment? 

0 Kudos
JoseBarrios1

If you don't need the field to be a DATE type, you can create a new STRING field in AGOL and use the calculate/arcade to parse just the date:

Text($feature.REPDATE, 'MM/DD/YYYY')

0 Kudos
rachelm
New Contributor III

You can use Arcade in advanced formatting in Dashboard in the "Values" tab to format the date.  For example if I have a field VisitDate and I want to remove the timestamp. 

var visit = Day($datapoint.VisitDate) + '/' +(Month($datapoint.VisitDate)+1) + '/' +  Year($datapoint.VisitDate)

return {
  cells: {
    VisitDate: {
      displayText: visit, 
			hoverText: $datapoint.VisitDate,
      textColor: '',
      backgroundColor: '',
      textAlign: 'right'
    },

n