How to share a dashboard publicly from Enterprise 10.6.1

02-08-2019 10:18 AM
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Enterprise question. When 'allow anonymous access to your portal' is unchecked, my dashboard can no longer be shared without a login prompt. It and all it's components are shared with everyone and the dashboard is not in any groups. Somehow WAB applications shared with everyone can be accessed without a login, but not dashboards. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just the way dashboards work on Portal (10.6.1)?

According to the Portal admin docs "The portal's anonymous access option controls access to the portal home application. The sharing options chosen for individual items in the portal control access to the underlying hosted feature services." However, it seems that the anonymous access option also controls access to the underlying hosted feature services. Is this the intent? Are most people just leaving anon access checked for public facing dashboards? Security best practices seem to indicate that anonymous access should be shut off so everything on your portal can't be browsed anonymously.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

This should not be the case.  Can you view the web console in your web browser and see if you can determine which service the prompt is triggered at?

If your Portal is externally accessible, can you share the URL?

0 Kudos
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

I'm not sure what service is prompting this, but the 'force_login=true' looks suspicious.

Invalid 'X-Frame-Options' header encountered when loading 'https://gis.co.linn.or.us/portal/sharing/rest/oauth2/authorize?client_id=ophttps%3A%2F%2Fgis.co.linn.or.us&persist=true&locale=en-us&force_login=true': 'ALLOW-FROM https://gis.co.linn.or.us' is not a recognized directive. The header will be ignored.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

Here is the link. It's just a simple dashboard from one webmap. The data, map and dashboard are all shared with 'everyone'. We would like it to be accessible without a login, but not allow anonymous access to the portal home application.

--Keith

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Difficult to determine which layer.  Would you able to share the link to the Web Map?

0 Kudos
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Logged as a bug: 

#BUG-000120060 Operation dashboard apps respect the allow anonymous access parameter while it shouldn't since they're not portal for arcgis home applications.

josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

hi, i have this problem. we area in 10.6 is this fixed? do we need to upgrade to 10.7.?

thanks.

0 Kudos
muygunol
New Contributor II

Edit - I use our second enterprise portal version 10.7 and with  anonymous access disabled, everything worked well.

solved with new version.

Hi i created a dashboard with arcgis 10.6.1 enterprise portal, also allow anonymous access to my portal checkbox is unchecked.

All webmaps, dashboard app and all layers set for public.

As i can see Keith Olsen solved that problem because i can open his test dashboard but i can not open his webmap or his portal provided as links at upper messages.

How can i make my dashboard totally public with this settings, because i do not want to allow anomous access other portal items.
Thanks.

0 Kudos