How do you show attachment images in Dashboard

04-19-2022 07:33 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Enterprise GIS.  version 10.9.1

With the new update the Dashboard no longer show attachments in the details.  It only shows 

it only shows a thumbnail.

RobertBorchert_0-1650376465780.png

This layer only supports list view is the message I get in the new Map Viewer when trying to configure attachments to show.

According to ESRI this is a known bug and the official response I have received says they are not going to do anything about it and it is intentional.

The official work around is to host your data.  What then is the purpose of spending the money for Enterprise and a Portal.

Also, does that mean we have to republish the service to the hosted data store ever time a new photo is taken in the field.

Essentially this makes  the new map viewer, and the new dashboard useless  and we are having to direct people to use classic dashboards.

2 Replies
GeomaticsAecon
New Contributor III

This is such a disappointment.  Any way we can escalate?  It seems they are driving everybody out of the purpose of an Enterprise database in the first place.. Ridiculous. 

Thomas_Van_Bruggen
New Contributor II

Just upgraded to 10.9.1 and yup, this is stupid.   And I agree with GeomaticsAecon

0 Kudos