How do you change date format to dd-mm-yyyy?

Jump to solution
03-15-2021 12:50 PM
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

The date on our dashboards is appearing in the US format mm-dd-yyyy, even though we are in the UK and the system locale is set to en-GB. Is there a way to change the date format to UK dd-mm-yyyy?

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

I tested this in AGOL and found that when number and date is set to Great Britain - Great Britain in my profile, I do in fact get US date format:

CraigRussell_0-1615941584865.png

This appears to be a bug.

However, if you change the number format to Australia - Australia, you should get the correct date format:

CraigRussell_1-1615941715168.png

Maybe try this and see if it is a workable solution in the interim?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

Hi Anneka

Is the number and date format set to Great Britain in your organisation settings, as well as for each user?

Organization > Settings > General

CraigRussell_1-1615854071327.png

Organization > Members > View Profile > Settings:

CraigRussell_2-1615854217871.png

Cheers

Craig

0 Kudos
Anneka_France

Hi @CraigRussell,

Yes, our organisation default language is set to English - English and number and date is set to Great Britain - Great Britain. We've checked our individual profiles and they are also using the same settings. We've even made sure that the date is in UK format in the layer pop ups, but no luck.

When logged in or out on different devices the date still appears in US format. Is this a bug? It is essential that we can change the date format in our dashboards to avoid confusion for our British and European users. If the dashboard cannot automatically update the date settings based on the users locale, then there should be a setting to override this or the date should be shown in written format e.g. 16th March 2021.

Anneka_France_0-1615881916184.png

Thanks for your help

Anneka France
0 Kudos
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

I tested this in AGOL and found that when number and date is set to Great Britain - Great Britain in my profile, I do in fact get US date format:

CraigRussell_0-1615941584865.png

This appears to be a bug.

However, if you change the number format to Australia - Australia, you should get the correct date format:

CraigRussell_1-1615941715168.png

Maybe try this and see if it is a workable solution in the interim?

PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

We've had an AGOL organisation for years and no matter what we do it's sticks with US date formats.

"Number and Date Format" in both organisation and profile set to "Australia - Australia" and it still results in mm/dd/yyyy .

It's now still happening in the beta dashboard.

Even if mmm dd yyyy was offered.....

GIS_Unit_Kedron_0-1617759860125.pngGIS_Unit_Kedron_1-1617759939798.png

Beta dashboard list  (7 April)

GIS_Unit_Kedron_2-1617759969139.png

Peter T, Brisbane
Anneka_France

Hi @CraigRussell

That solution works in the meantime. Has this bug been logged and do you know when it will be resolved?

Thanks!

Anneka France
0 Kudos
CraigRussell
Esri Contributor

Hey Anneka

You should log this with your local support provider, then you'll get updates on resolution timeframes etc.

Craig