How do I add the "Display in enlarged view" button on the title bar for a custom widget (JS?)

11-18-2015 07:43 AM
HoriaTudosie
Occasional Contributor II

I have created a very simple widget (and I plan to create a more complex one which should work sometimes in maximized mode.)
However, when adding the widget in a panel it does not come with maximize button as built-in widgets do.

In fact, it is quite confusing:

After I have added successfully built-in widgets with the regular OpDashboard, all having the maximize button, in Dev Mode I am not able to get those buttons neither on my custom Widgets, nor the regular ones!

Previewing the result in the browser also comes without that button on all widgets I have added in Dev Mode!

This looks like kind of a bug!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TifPun
by

Hi Horia,

The fact that the expand button is missing from the built-in widgets looks like a bug to me. I did a bit of investigation and the problem seems to be that after a widget is created, the expand button will be hidden. Unfortunately this problem seems to apply to dev mode as well as regular mode. I have logged an issue into our system, but for now an easy workaround will be closing then reopening the view.

Regarding the capability to specify if a custom widget is expandable or not, it is indeed in our to-do list. Could you share more details about your widget, and give us some insight on what value the expanded mode will bring to your widget?

Thanks,

Tif

0 Kudos
HoriaTudosie

The bug is there even after deploying the JS widget and working with the production version.

Closing and opening the view does not help!

The feature is very valuable to us, now and in the future:

We've built a chart as a widget that would be too small in production with too much data to show.

Observing the D3 library gave us even more ideas for better charting data.

Unfortunately, the docked widget is too small, and then we need to expand the widget as much as possible to be able to observe data details.

0 Kudos
TifPun
by

Hi Horia,

The workaround that I mentioned above is for the bug that we observed in the built-in widgets. The option to specify whether a widget is expandable or not is not yet available for custom widgets built with the JavaScript API, regardless of the platform that the widget runs on.

And thanks for sending over the screenshot and the use case, I will bring them back to the team for discussion.

Cheers,

Tif

0 Kudos
HoriaTudosie

Thank you for the replay Tim, we surely wait the improvement in one of the next releases.

And, while we are here, may I suggest also, that since the docked wiglet is small and the maximized one is big, I would welcome a feature to be notified when the widget status changes - this way I could change the resolution of the data, labels, additional tool-bars etc.

0 Kudos
TifPun
by

Sure, Horia. Thanks again for the suggestion! I have logged it as another enhancement request in the system.

Cheers,

Tif

0 Kudos