How can I download excel file with lat and long added already when I download from Esri Dashboard

10-20-2021 10:41 AM
anonymous55
Occasional Contributor II

Hello all

I am trying to find a way which lat and long or x y added automatically to excel file when I downloading data from ArcGIS Dashboard? Like when you downloading hosted layer using export.

any idea or work around or Arcade code to add to webmap?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@anonymous55 

You would need to have these fields included in your service that is being downloaded from the dashboard.  Maybe look into adding XY before publishing the service?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
anonymous55
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks @ABishop I know this way. However, the data come from survey123 and I don't want to touch the survey and publish it again. i am thinking maybe I can add arcade to webmap something like popup or using arcade and add fields 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

I would think that Survey 123 would have options to do autocalculations of x,y coordinate values?  I don't know because I have never tried.  Maybe the popup using arcade would work, but the values probably won't show up in your downloaded file.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
MichaelBruening
Occasional Contributor

It would depend on whether the data fields/question had been added into the Survey123 form/database.

0 Kudos
MichaelBruening
Occasional Contributor

You might be able to get away with something along the lines of adding in a latitude and longitude data fields into the hosted features service that your form is submitting into. This will not require you to republish the survey form.

Next you should be able to create a custom modelbuilder within ArcGIS Pro that can open the table and calculate the Latitude/Longitude coordinates for you. You will have to "schedule" the model builder torun at a set time interval.

The best way would be to add the Latitude/Longitude fields into the Hosted Feature service and then use Survey123 pulldata() to populate these fields based off of the geopoint question within the survey.