How can i add a search button or a bar that can allow me to choose which project i want to show in dashboard.

Jump to solution
10-05-2021 12:25 AM
ALI_AZZOUHRI
New Contributor III

Hello everyone im trying to create a dashboard that shows the progress in road project and traffic sign installed , the problem that i dont know how add a search button or a bar that can allow me to choos wish project i want to show in dashboard...

any idea?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can accomplish this with a Category Selector, added either to a header bar or a side panel. You can configure a category selector to behave like a search bar, allowing users to enter text to view matching choices.

Set your category selector to Grouped Values. Set the Category field to your project's identifier.

jcarlson_0-1633441112694.png

Then in the selector's settings, enable the Filter capability. Your users will be presented with a dropdown menu of the categories, and by searching in the box, they can find any projects that match the input string.

jcarlson_1-1633441191535.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can accomplish this with a Category Selector, added either to a header bar or a side panel. You can configure a category selector to behave like a search bar, allowing users to enter text to view matching choices.

Set your category selector to Grouped Values. Set the Category field to your project's identifier.

jcarlson_0-1633441112694.png

Then in the selector's settings, enable the Filter capability. Your users will be presented with a dropdown menu of the categories, and by searching in the box, they can find any projects that match the input string.

jcarlson_1-1633441191535.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ALI_AZZOUHRI
New Contributor III

its work properly thank you,

But what if my projects are in different layer ?