Hi. Is there any way you can add a population/age-sex pyramid to an ArcGIS operations dashboard?

03-20-2020 11:29 AM
LaurenH
New Contributor II

We would like to add a population pyramid containing data for various age categories for males and females. Is there any way this can be done in ArcGIS Operations Dashboard?

Your assistance would be truly appreciated.

Tags (1)
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lauren,

> We would like to add a population pyramid containing data for various age categories for males and females

I believe you're asking if it is possible to create this type of data visualization in Ops Dashboard,

Population pyramid - Wikipedia 

Unfortunately, this is currently not supported. Sorry. Please submit an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Ops Dashboard so we can gauge interest from the user community.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AHMEDM__ABDELAZIZ
New Contributor

Hi All,

Regarding a population pyramid (graph) for various age categories for males and females.

I try a simple workaround, like the excel sheets age-pyramid graph. that converts one of the (male/female) values into negative. then go to the normal stake bar chart. and got the below fantastic results. I think this could help some of us.

Thanks & Regards,

Ahmed Abdelaziz

BissauBissau
New Contributor

I liked the fantastic pyramid graph how I can organize my form in excel to create this pyramide in the operational dashboard of arcgis.

0 Kudos
AHMEDM__ABDELAZIZ
New Contributor

Hi Bissau,

I found a link for How to Build a Population Pyramid in excel: step-by-step.

the most important thing is to have a table with values in positive and negative something like the below screen. "Male %"

and once you've such this table in the GIS GDB, you can follow the configurations in the mentioned post above to get your required ArcGIS Dashboard widget.

VenkatDheeravath
New Contributor II

Dear Ahmedm,

This is useful, but how do I remove negative values on the X-axis in the chart in the ArcGIS dashboard? I don't want to display a negative symbol? I would really appreciate your help on this!! -Venkat

0 Kudos