Export in Operations Dashboard

01-05-2018 08:48 AM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to export features to a CSV in the new Operations Dashboard?  In the older versions, there were some custom widgets available that could be added to the desktop version to allow for exporting the data to a CSV.  Does anyone know if there is something similar for the new version?

Thank you!

21 Replies
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicholas Gray‌,

With the new experience of Operations Dashboard there is not any way to export features to a CSV. Could you elaborate on your desired workflow? Are you looking to export raw features from, say, a list or aggregated values from, say, a pie chart? What would you like to do with the exported data?

As a workaround, are you able to create an app using a template or WAB that can be used for exporting the data you need?

Dave

ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Dave,

The goal would be to export raw data based on the selectors and actions in the new Ops Dashboard.  For example, after someone filtered the data using a selector for a date and category, being able to export that data to a CSV.  The exported data could then be sent to others via a CSV who would not have access to our AGOL account.

We can definitely do a WAB app, I just thought it would be very useful to be able to do in Ops Dashboard.

Thank you!

DeniseMoore2
New Contributor

The Web App builder works for this purpose, but limits you to 3000 features. The appeal for the Operations Dashboard is its easy-to-use, on-the-fly, intuitive functionality. If only it had export functionality...

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

All,

Please vote for the enhancement to help us prioritize the requirement,

Export Op View Widget Query Results to Table/CSV/XLS 

Hope this helps,

deleted-user-4LjGx0CueIPn
New Contributor II

This would be great! I am creating a around to export a csv with WAB  good enough for now but it could be much faster and easier if dashboard would have this option already. Please make it happen.  

GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

The Export Opt link has been archived, I am not finding the documentation on whether or not this function was to be used or reviewed for use in Dashboards. I would second the previous years' discussion and put forward my support for this function. Even if it is two or three years since the first posts I would be curious how this function could be utilized.

Best regards,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox,

I am not finding the documentation on whether or not this function was to be used or reviewed for use in Dashboards.

FYI, a new Attribute Table element for ArcGIS Dashboards is in active development and is planned to be available later this year. It will include a data export option. 

Hope this helps,

GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @DerekLaw , that's great to hear! I look forwards to using it. I've already got a handful of projects lined up ready to implement it on.

Cheers!

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
AlexShubra
New Contributor II

Long over due. Can't wait.  Do you have an updated date like Q2 Q3 2021?