Embedded Content - Documents token expiring

08-18-2020 02:06 AM
KyleMcDonald1
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to include a document as embedded content within a dashboard. As the interface requires a URL, I have attempted to upload the files to my AGOL content. When using an image, the image remains displayed within the iframe (embedded content), however if I use the url to the document, it's initially perfect and displays the pdf in the iframe to scroll etc, but after a few hours displays an error message saying that it has expired. I am aware that AWS changes their tokens every few hrs.

How can I get a document into the dashboards embedded content? Seems a bit pointless if ESRI allows you to upload a PDF file, but you cannot then make it available in their tools.

I'm assuming the only other way is to use an externally hosted link to the document?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveRoth
New Contributor II

Hi Kyle,

I was having the same problem and I think I've figured it out.  So, similar to your situation, I had uploaded some pdfs to ArcGIS Online that I wanted to make available through a Dashboard that I had setup.  While the content was not super-secret, I originally set the permissions to just include a couple of groups.  I then opened the document through ArcGIS Online and copied the URL into a Rich Text component of my Dashboard.  The link worked for a couple of days, then like yours it broke.

What I have discovered by looking at the other Content I've loaded to ArcGIS online is that when you set the permissions of any item to "Everyone" you'll see a URL field appear at the bottom of the contents page.  If you change the permissions to any other setting, the URL field will disappear.  Although I didn't originally want to set the permissions to "Everyone", since I've restricted access to the Dashboard which contains the only link to the pdfs, I think I can live with the permissions the way they are.  I hope this helps.

SteveRoth_0-1616119165198.png

-Steve

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having a similar issue with a document in my dashboard. It was working using the URL to the pdf (https://heller.brandeis.edu/mass-health-policy-forum/categories/mental-health-substance-abuse/pdfs/a...) and now it is saying blocked by Chrome. I posted the PDF to my AGOL account and shared the document with everyone (https://ntondpw.maps.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/347da4b3237d4f28b42dddbcd6154961/data). It still will not load when use the link from my AGOL server. I'm getting a CORB issue in my console along with this error:

crbug/1173575, non-JS module files deprecated.
(anonymous) @ (index):7146

Do you have any tips on how to get the URL working?

Nate

Northampton Health Department

0 Kudos