Editing Data in Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
08-14-2014 06:35 AM
JordanRogers
New Contributor III

I was just wondering if there has been any consideration given to adding an option to allow the ability to edit data within Operations Dashboard?  Or, if anyone knows of a possible add-in that would allow this?

I am looking at setting up an Operations Dashboard for a Supervisor to monitor field edits from Collector.  Ideally, I would like to give the Supervisor the ability to edit some of the attributes in Operations Dashboard rather than using it to monitor and opening a separate web map to edit. 

For example: if something is flagged as 'Needs Attention', the Supervisor would have the ability to assign a 'Work Order ID' and later change the attribute to 'Resolved'.

16 Replies
MarcoWagemakers
Occasional Contributor

Hi Karsten ,

Here you go, the addin file is the data property in the item:

http://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/content/items/0df06e8b8bb04e0395d5e3ccce9a2a14/data

Thanks,

Marco

KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Marco,

the addin is great! Thanks a lot for it.

Karsten

0 Kudos
RichardFreer2
New Contributor II

I've been trying to access the first link for view/edit attributes widget, but its says I don't have permission to view.  Is this for Web App Builder and not Operational Dashboard?

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I just want to confirm that there is no way to edit in operations dashboard in a browsers?

I don't want to make another application or site that our users have to go to just to edit info. 

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

There are no built in widgets that allow direct editing of data in Operations Dashboard.

However.....

The above discussion is on a user built widget that would allow it in the desktop version of Ops Dashboard.  In order for this widget to work in a browser, it would need to rebuilt in JavaScript and hosted in AGOL or Portal. Then you could have editing within the browser Operations Dashboard.

0 Kudos
AliAsgary1
New Contributor

Hello,

I added the View/Edit Attributes widget successfully, but when I try to add it to my Dashboards, it stops working and I have to close the program. Any ideas why this might happen?

0 Kudos
AndreDu_Preez1
New Contributor

Hi Marco is there a download available for Extract data.

Please

0 Kudos