Displaying unique values on the list

11-26-2019 01:45 PM
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I am trying to display unique values (no duplicate) in the list. I looked into filter and there is no function that removes the duplicates. Could you please guide me how to display unique value in the list? or is there any other way of displaying unique values (apart from list)? Waiting for your reply.

Regards

Yasir

11 Replies
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Muhammad Yasir‌,

Have you figured out a solution to this problem? I am currently running into the same problem where I have multiple rows of duplicates within a list widget and I'd only like to display the unique two, but still have them connected to other attributes for displaying the correct value once the user clicks on another layer on the map.

Thank you

0 Kudos
IlianaGalarza
New Contributor

Did you guys figured out how to remove duplicates (multiple rows) within a list widget?. I am trying  to create a category selector where i will pull a list of unique names rather than each instance of the same name. Creating a static list won't work for two reasons: 1. The performance will be affected since is a list of 12,000 names and will be static list 2. I only want to display the names of who has submitted a form in Survey123.

0 Kudos
DustinBaumbach1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Illiana. Nothing has been figured out to date. Maybe in the next iteration of the ArcGIS Dashboards‌? Let's keep watching this post.

Thank you,

Dustin

0 Kudos
MollyWatson1
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to see this functionality added too. I can remove duplicates if I set up my category selector to use "grouped values" instead of "features." The problem with this method is that the "features" selection does not allow for the map actions like zoom, pan or show pop-up window.  So if I want to enable those actions, I have to have duplicates in my category selector which is confusing to the user and looks bad.

TijsLips
New Contributor III

Hi,

Had the same problem but finally found the way to do this:

1. Make sure you are using the new Dashboard (ex-Beta) version
  2. Add the list widget and select "Data expressions"
  3. Get your feature's itemId and layerId from the ArcGis Assistant.
  4. Use this example from Esri and change the parameters to your details in step 3. The key is in the GroupBy, where you can choose your desired 'unique' feature column. 
  5. You can then use your unique/grouped list to filter the rest of your dashboard!
dcross
by
New Contributor

Thanks for the update here. This approach looks very promising but in the latest version of the Dashboard I do not seem to be able to use the function as suggested in the ESRI example.

FeatureSetByPortalItem

I'm looking in the List widget configuration. I can enable advanced formatting, and that provides access to arcade expressions. Unfortunately it does not support many functions, including FeatureSetByPortalItem (indicated in the screenshot below as "Not available"). Am I missing something or has the dashboard changed such that this no longer works?

dcross_0-1637094533707.png

0 Kudos
TijsLips
New Contributor III

Hi,

You shouldn't be trying this in the Advanced Formatting section. Immediately after selecting the 'List' widget in your dashboard you'll get an overview of the available layers for the list. In that window there is a section that says 'Data Expression'. There is where you should be.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

I believe the code example that TijsLips provided came from this article, which describes the process in more detail. Hopefully it helps someone: Introducing Data Expressions in ArcGIS Dashboards (esri.com)

0 Kudos
SteveF
by
New Contributor III

The arcade suggestion while it works, still doesn't enable the pan, zoom etc... action, it only supports filter