Data expression loop through table and create 0 value

06-05-2023 04:24 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All

I have a point layer showing deposited lots for each financial year quarter that has been intersect with 3 different levels of monitoring areas (Region, Monitoring Area, Estate).  This data is then displayed in a bar graph using the DepositedQuarter field as the category and the sum of the DepositedLots field as the value.  I then have a series of selectors to filter down the data based on the areas.

The issue is that there are some areas that dont have any records for a quarter so the quarter disappears and the graph compresses.  What I need to do is somehow create a data expression that loops though the table and if a value doesnt exist for any quarter in an area, create one an give it a 0 value in the depositedlots.  That way the full category will always display the user can see a better reflection of the trend in the graph.

I have made a start on creating a data expression to get a flat summary table, but I'm not all that experience with data expressions, so I would really appreciate any help or guidance.

var fs = FeatureSetByPortalItem(Portal('https://xxx.maps.arcgis.com'), 'xxxxxxxxxx', 0, ["*"], false);

var fs_gp = GroupBy(fs, ['DepositedQuarter','Region','Key_Area','EstateName'], [{name: 'deposits_by_quarter', expression: 'DEPOSITED_LOTS', statistic: 'SUM'}]);

// Create array for holding features, feat object for populating array
var features = [];
var feat;

// Populate feature array
for (var feature in fs_gp) {
    feat = {
        'attributes': {
            'DepositedQuarter': feature['DepositedQuarter'],
            'Region': feature['Region'],
            'KeyArea': feature['Key_Area'],
            'EstateName': feature['EstateName'],
            'Deposits': feature['deposits_by_quarter']
        }}
    Push(features, feat);
};

var dowDict = {
  'fields': [{ 'name': 'DepositedQuarter', 'type': 'esriFieldTypeString'},
  {'name': 'Region', 'type': 'esriFieldTypeString'},
  {'name': 'KeyArea', 'type': 'esriFieldTypeString'},
  {'name': 'EstateName', 'type': 'esriFieldTypeString'},
  {'name': 'Deposits', 'type': 'esriFieldTypeInteger'}],
  'geometryType': '',
  'features': features
};
// Convert dictionary to feature set.
var fs_dict = FeatureSet(Text(dowDict));
return GroupBy(fs_dict, ['Region', 'KeyArea','EstateName','DepositedQuarter'], [{ name: 'deposits_by_quarter', expression: 'Deposits', statistic: 'SUM'}]);

Cheers, Chris
0 Kudos
0 Replies