Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Expression FeatureSet Popup

Jump to solution
08-04-2023 11:57 AM
Labels (1)
Joshua-Young
Regular Contributor

I am working on a dashboard that has three different layers (point, line, and polygon) with the same fields. I created a data expression to aggregate the attributes from all three layers into one FeatureSet. I would like to use the Details widget to show the attributes but I want to format the FeatureSet popup to look different from the default popup table.

Is it possible to format the popup of a FeatureSet that is shown in the Details widget?

"Not all those who wander are lost" ~ Tolkien
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Nope! The Details widget pulls its format from the service default or the map it's connected to. Data Expressions have neither.

What I do in these situations is create a List widget, but only let a single feature show in the list, rendering only when a selection is made somewhere else. Then I just use the line item template and Arcade to make things as nicely formatted as I want. Combining Arcade and HTML, you can make things that are identical to a standard popup, with a bit of work.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Nope! The Details widget pulls its format from the service default or the map it's connected to. Data Expressions have neither.

What I do in these situations is create a List widget, but only let a single feature show in the list, rendering only when a selection is made somewhere else. Then I just use the line item template and Arcade to make things as nicely formatted as I want. Combining Arcade and HTML, you can make things that are identical to a standard popup, with a bit of work.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS