Dashboard map not showing all features, even when filtered.

Jump to solution
10-14-2020 10:30 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a dashboard that contains one large-ish polygon feature class (20,000 records). I have a filter for year and another filter for another element.

The filters have an action on the features so they reduce the number the map has to display. No matter how few features there are, the map always refuses to show all features at the full extent. It is acting as if there is a series of scale dependencies or too many features to display, neither of which is the case.

It gets a bit weirder. If I filter the features in the web map that feeds the dashboard for a particular year, ALL FEATURES FOR THAT YEAR WILL DISPLAY AT FULL EXTENT IN THE DASHBOARD (pardon the all caps).

If I do not filter in the web map, but apply a filter in the dashboard, only a subset of features displays at full extent, with more features appearing as you zoom in.

I have set maximum number of records to return on the service at 100,000.

This appears to be a bug.

Has anyone experienced this? I would very much appreciate some advice as we are currently stuck. 

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

Wow this is an insane bug and I cannot believe Esri hasn't addressed this. I spent many hours trying to figure this out and was about to give up when I thought I would do a Google search.  Glad I did and thank you.

0 Kudos
glasbergenm
New Contributor II

I tried setting the refresh interval to several different values in the web map for a polygon feature service, but nothing changes, it still draws only a very small amount of features in my dashboard.

0 Kudos
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

We have the same missing data issue. There are about 140K points in the map layer of the Dashboard. When filters in the dashboard, only a subset of features get displayed. When zoom in, more features will get displayed.

The workaround to enable layer refresh does not work for our Dashboard. Our Dashboard has many indicators/charts/list. Whenever the map layer is refreshed, the dashboard sends 22 requests back to the server. It generates lots of workload on the server side.

From the browser developer's tool, I noticed that the Dashboard in AGOL makes repeated calls to retrieve all the records first when the Dashboard is launched. So when filters data in Dashboard, the correct number of features get displayed.

But Portal (ver10.8.1) version of Dashboard does not make the repeated calls to retrieve all the data.

Hope ESRI can fix this issue ASAP.

Rose

0 Kudos