Select to view content in your preferred language

Dashboard header logo is very small

Wednesday
Labels (1)
AndrewHankinson
New Contributor III

I am a bit stumped with adding a logo to a dashboard. 

I've added a logo to my header as an SVG but it appears very small. I thought that editing the width & height in the SVG code would change it but it did nothing. 

I would add the logo as an image via a URL but the file I have is a png saved to local disk. I have tried adding the logo as an imagery layer but when I use the URL from this it says it is invalid. 

Can anyone suggest a way to get a reasonably sized logo into a dashboard header? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @AndrewHankinson I noticed for the logo part there are various settings in the header but can be limited for logos that are longer with more text. Could you use an embed widget to embed the image instead. Might not be as easy to navigate its placement but would perhaps make the logo more visual. 

DanielFox1_0-1725450196124.png

Yellow is the header and the pink is the embed widget 

Do you have it set as a background image?

DanielFox1_1-1725450235283.png

0 Kudos
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

I've had much the same experience. My solution in the end was to actually set the logo as a "background image" and then include non breaking spaces (Alt+0160) in my Title text to locate it where I need it to be. Not ideal but it works

AndrewHankinson
New Contributor III

Thank you both for your responses.

No, I didn't have it set as a background image, I added it as an icon using the custom option to paste an SVG code in. 

What I ended up doing was cropping the logo to exclude the text based on what you said @DanielFox1 , I still converted the logo from png to svg and copied the code in the custom icon box. 

This will do the job for me on this one.