Dashboard Arcgis Enterprise 10.8.1 - Views in Web Service

Jump to solution
06-13-2021 11:38 PM
MagalyClément-Zaber
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have created a webservice with a view as data source.

If I create a filter, i have a error 400, Unable to perform query operation

MagalyClmentZaber_0-1623652288276.png

It seems that this is due to "returnIdsOnly=true".

If I use a copy of the view as a entity class, the filter dahsboard works fine.

Can we use Views or not to create Dashboard ? If yes, what should I watch out for ?

Thanks for help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ah, well that falls outside of my experience. Can you confirm whether the view is registered with the geodatabase? That's the only other thing I can think of that might be related here, as a non-registered view will not necessarily have a valid objectID field for the dashboard to work with.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I use views extensively in dashboards, and have not seen that same problem.

When you say a "view", though, are you talking about a hosted view layer or more "traditional" view from a registered database?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MagalyClément-Zaber
Occasional Contributor

Traditionnal view in Oracle

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ah, well that falls outside of my experience. Can you confirm whether the view is registered with the geodatabase? That's the only other thing I can think of that might be related here, as a non-registered view will not necessarily have a valid objectID field for the dashboard to work with.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MagalyClément-Zaber
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

It was that !! Thanks for help ! 🙂

0 Kudos
KevinMacLeodCAI
Occasional Contributor II

I think I just ran into this. I created a view in SQL Server SDE 10.71 and then in the ArcMap I joined it to another FC. I presumed it was the join causing the  issue. Since i've seen that % symbol cause issues. Perhaps it was this. I did not and can not register the views.  Is it possible to use un-registered Views in Dashboard at all?  I thought that was the purpose of picking a unique identifier field. They have the geometry fields, they have GlobalID fields and they are of the type Guid and those are all unique so I would think they should work. The service adds to the webmap just fine. It just won't add to pie chart or other info graphic widgets in the Dashboard, it says Cannot access Data.  I was thinking maybe it was a bug in the April 2021 Dashboard update but perhaps it's this. This would be essential to add to Dashboard if it is a known limitation, since this is often the way that we share related data tables via services; to 'stack' inspections on top of one another in views, related to feature class itself, so for example points stack on top of one another or maybe all manhole points get the most recent inspection record from the related Inspection table for example.  I'll delete cross posted thread after looking into this.. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-questions/service-with-layers-with-a-join-quot-canno...

Update: I can confirm, the other Views work perfect. The only difference between the layers that work and don't work is that the Joined ones don't work. The views actually work fine even though they are not versioned (which is good).  So I am guessing it is the issue in the other thread I noted, and I am guessing that '%' that joins put in the field names is causing issues for Dashboard code? Hopefully that can be fixed in the next update and/or a workaround identified.