Category Selector has "No Targets Defined"

12-13-2019 02:45 AM
SamuelScherer
New Contributor II

Hello,

My Dashboard consists of a Map and a Panel on the Left where a category selector is defined.

I'm trying to create a filter that only shows the features on the map from the selected category.

There are 5 possible Values, displayed by a "Grouped Values" button bar.

So for example, when "in Arbeit" is selected (which is german for in progress) i want to only display the point features with the status "in progress" on the map.

However, when trying to define a Filter Action for the map i get the note "No Targets Defined":

I feel like i am missing a very simple step, that i am just too dumb to see. As far as i understand it should be possible to select the map as target here?

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Samuel,

> However, when trying to define a Filter Action for the map i get the note "No Targets Defined":

Does the map contain feature layers?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SamuelScherer
New Contributor II

Yes, it does. It has around 5 feature layers.

For this i am trying to use only one Layer. Of course, would be nice to apply the filter to all layers as they have the same data source.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Samuel,

Any chance you could share the web map and its contents so I can take a look?

0 Kudos
SamuelScherer
New Contributor II

Thank you for taking the time to answer! 

I'm sorry can't share that as it's sensitive information.

Is what i'm trying to do generally not possible?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Samuel,

> Is what i'm trying to do generally not possible?

What you're trying to do should be possible. I suspect something's amiss with your data, but I can't be sure without taking a look. I suggest you contact esri Tech Support so they can help you investigate further. Sorry.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SamuelScherer
New Contributor II

Thank you for your Help!