Cannot add Actions to Pie Chart in Operations Dashboard

05-10-2021 09:16 AM
Labels (1)
ShannonGrumbly2
New Contributor III

Need help with Operations Dashboard using Enterprise 10.7.1!

I published a map service with 50k records from our PostgreSQL database (version 10.9) to our ArcGIS Server (10.7.1). Then created a map of just this layer and tried to make an Operations Dashboard with a pie chart and the map. When I add the pie chart, I use this layer as the source and use the statistic of "count" based on the account type field which is text type. I want to be able to click on a piece of the pie and have it filter the map. However, in the Actions tab of the pie chart settings, it says "no elements supporting actions yet."

I am able to add Actions in the pie chart settings for other map services published from this database to the same server with no problem.

Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I believe it would need to be a feature service to be an action for another layer.  you can either republish the layer with feature access enabled, adjust the capabilities in arcgis server, or add content to the portal via the map service url eg. mapserver\0 for 0 index feature.

after that, test this by adding the feature service to the webmap and re-attempting.

0 Kudos
ShannonGrumbly2
New Contributor III

Thank you for the suggestion! I actually did try this (and forgot to mention it in the original post) but I had a lot of issues with trying to render 50k+ points. It takes several minutes to load whereas the map service loads initially. It is strange because I am actually able to use a map service for the pie chart in other dashboards successfully. I am wondering if it has something to do with the number of records in this layer but that seems like an odd limitation that esri would impose.

0 Kudos
DarinaTchountcheva
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Shannon, I know it has been a while,  but did you find a solution for this problem? I am having the same issue with a layer that has over 100k+ points and need to use a map service (not feature).

Thank you!