Can you make a category selector filter selection filter another category selector?

Jump to solution
03-18-2020 05:14 PM
jjeremy525
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I am using Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS with AGOL. I am using a Side Panel element with Category Selectors and I would like my users to select an Agency to have all the District IDs, Status and notes to filter to that Agency that is selected. Currently, when I select an Agency it still shows all the District IDs when I just want it to filter to the specific Agency that is selected. I am not sure if this is possible but thought I would ask. Please see below:

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

You should be able to do this under the Actions tab of the Agency Category Selector.  Set this to filter the other category selector.  Ex:

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeremy,

You should be able to do this under the Actions tab of the Agency Category Selector.  Set this to filter the other category selector.  Ex:

jjeremy525
New Contributor III

That worked thank you Jake!

0 Kudos
RussellPagan
New Contributor II

That's the problem I've got. I want to use the category filter and date filter on the top panel to filter all of the content on the page. 

I think this is the same issue, but I don't get the option with the category selector. 

I've tried it in Dashboard and Beta Dashboard - but I don't get the option to use the filter at the top on that element. 

0 Kudos