Can't find values that I need to filter for (Arcade the culprit)?

09-29-2022 08:38 AM
Labels (1)
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I have worked around this problem and don't have examples to present, but it could be a problem down the road and am concerned.

I have a dataset with about 70 unique values and need to filter - in a dashboard list using a data expression - for 6 values.

In the dropdown, 2 of the values I need are not available and I cannot type them in - 'Value Not Found'

If I do not filter, I can see the 2 values I need. THEY ARE IN THERE (Pardon the all caps). 

The workaround is that I did a definition query in ArcPro on the 6 values I need and put no filter in the dashboard. That works (for now).

Is this some known limit with Arcade data expressions? The filter is NOT seeing some values that are in the dataset.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How large is the dataset that you are filtering? I'm wondering if this is due to the maximum record count returned on a hosted feature layer.

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Abou1284 records. Not very big at all. Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try changing the value to 2000 using the instructions in that link to see if it returns them all.

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Do I need admin permissions for that? 

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you're the owner of the dataset, you should be able to change it

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Thanks! I will take a look. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I'll give you credit for sure if it works. Appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Looks like it is already set to 2000. I could set it higher, but 2000 is more than the number of records in this dataset, so maybe this guy isn't the culprit?

RandyMcGregor3_0-1664541183211.png

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

Follow up. As a test, I selected the 'Select All' option from the dropdown and the ones I wanted to see were not there, so the filter is simply not seeing some of the values, it appears. 'Select All' <> No Filter. If I have no filter, there are several values that show up compared to setting a filter and selecting 'Select All'

My guess is there may be a limit to how many unique values the filter dropdown can read.

0 Kudos
cpbride2020
New Contributor III
I am having a similar problem with user-entered data before I created a
domain and drop-down menu to select from. Make sure all the values are as
standardized as possible and there are no weird extra spaces in the values.