Can I link to outside website within AGOL dashboard?

04-08-2021 07:52 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 3 mini dashboards embedded within a single dashboard, and I would like a 4th (default landing) tab (circled in red in pic) to embed this external url

I dont want the user to have to click on the embedded url; I want them to see the website the url links to by default (without having to click on a link).

I've tried many ways to add as embedded content but it shows the sad face and says that url refused to connect. How to fix this?

AshleyTarver_0-1617893416433.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try sticking the url in an iframe HTML element?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@jcarlson thanks for the reply.  I did come across that as a possible solution, but the documentation on how to do it was lacking.  How would I do this?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Well, it would be something like this:

<iframe
  src="https://www.sixtyby30.org/"
  style="
    position: fixed;
    top: 0px;
    bottom: 0px;
    right: 0px;
    width: 100%;
    border: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    overflow: hidden;
    z-index: 999999;
    height: 100%;
  ">
</iframe>

However, in testing this, I get the message

Firefox Can’t Open This Page

To protect your security, www.sixtyby30.org will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it. To see this page, you need to open it in a new window.

Short of the destination page changing its settings, you may be out of luck on this particular case.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup, ok, good to know its the site restricting it and not my lack of knowing how to do it!  For non-techies like myself, I did discover the AGOL Experience Builder has an out of the box "Embed" widget to create these iframes, so that is good to know for future reference, as well.  Thank you!