Can I download Operation Dashboard on a mobile device?

Jump to solution
01-09-2017 08:56 AM
EmilyLee
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Operation Dashboard is a good way to show an overview summary.  But can I use it on a tablet?

Thank you,

Emily

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Emily,

FYI, the web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app only supports single-display operation views.

For multi-display operation views. you need to use the Windows-desktop based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app.

Also be advised, the next generation web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app is currently in beta and has a tab-UI experience that might meet your needs. Learn more about the beta and how to participate in this blog: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Open Beta! | ArcGIS Blog 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Emily,

Yes, you can run the web-browser based version of the app on a tablet.

FYI, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS system requirements.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
EmilyLee

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your reply.  I was able to get the url to view in a browser for a single-display operation view, but not multi-display operation view.

Share links from a single display operation view:

Share links from a multi display operation view:

Am I missing something here?

Thanks again,

Emily

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Emily,

FYI, the web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app only supports single-display operation views.

For multi-display operation views. you need to use the Windows-desktop based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app.

Also be advised, the next generation web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS app is currently in beta and has a tab-UI experience that might meet your needs. Learn more about the beta and how to participate in this blog: Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS Open Beta! | ArcGIS Blog 

Hope this helps,

EmilyLee

Thank you, Derek. The tab-UI in beta is a good option to have.  It'd be more instantly used if the dashboard can be opened and bookmarked in a browser.  

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Emily,

I strongly recommend that you join and actively participate in the current Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS beta. Please share your feedback and enhancement requests, including your comment above.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CharlieKaufman
New Contributor III

Derek

Is there any more information on if we will be able to use the Dashboards on a mobile device?   I have a couple of dashboards that I have created with the Operations Dashboard app, but I don't see the option of single / multi-display.

Thanks

Charlie

Trying to reason (and map) with hurricane season.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Charlie,

Apologies for the late reply, I was out of the office on vacation last week.

> Is there any more information on if we will be able to use the Dashboards on a mobile device?

Dashboard apps are only accessible in web browsers on desktops and tablets. We don't currently support viewing them on smart phones because of the very small form factor.

> ... I don't see the option of single / multi-display.

This is by design. Dashboard apps only support a single display. However, you can stack elements on top of one another if you want to include more of them in the app.

Dashboard layout—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos