Attachment Images not displaying in new Dashboards details widget and Experience Builder Feature info

01-17-2022 05:06 AM
Labels (1)
Murage
by
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Ever since acquiring ArcGIS Enterprise, I am having issues displaying image attachments in the new ArcGIS Dashboard and Experience builder applications. This specifically affects reference layers i.e. layers published from our EGDB not hosted. We upgraded to 10.9.1 hoping that the issue would be fixed but it appears that reference layers still do not display.

In both the ArcGIS Dashboards details widget and Experience Builder feature info widget, the image only displays a greyed out thumbnail as below:

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 15.12.03.png

I went to the map viewer to try and turn off list view to see if it can display in gallery view but I get the error, this layer only supports "list view".

image (2).png

For our current workflow, we really need the images to display in both applications and it is crucial that we use reference layers as opposed to hosted layers. Is this a know bug and if so, how soon do we expect it to be fixed? Otherwise what could be the issue here? @DavidNyenhuis1 / @DavidMartinez / @TonghuiMing 

5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

For Experience Builder, this is a known issue in Enterprise. We plan to fix it in 11.0. 

Murage
by
New Contributor II

Hi @WeiYing1 would you estimate when this version will be released and how this affects ArcGIS Enterprise? Shall we be able to access this version from Enterprise 10.9.1?

Would you also kindly know if the bug will be fixed in the new ArcGIS Dashboard?

0 Kudos
jorisfrenkel
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

We are running into the same issue with 10.9.1.

Do you know, has it been fixed in 11.x?

Added to that, it seems a general issue in ArcGIS Online, not just in Experience Builder. Has it been fixed in web maps as well?

Regards, Joris

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Please note that: 
"Server-based layers from 
ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 onwards and hosted feature layers from 10.9.1 onwards can display attachments as a list or in a gallery. Layers from versions earlier than 10.9.1 can only display attachments as a list."  Configure Pop-ups 

If you are using 10.9.1 and encounter this issue, please try to use hosted feature layers see if the problem still happens. 

0 Kudos