Arcade Expression in ArcGIS Pro to Create Totals

11-27-2021 10:16 PM
BethanyHall
New Contributor III

I trying to learn how to create dashboards to help my management team understand the data we're creating and working with on a daily basis. Being new to dashboards and the data I'm trying to help analyze, I'm reaching out the to the ESRI community for ideas on the best ways to represent the the point and polygon data I have within this dashboard. The dashboard will not be for the public so, it will stay in our Enterprise Portal and we're using the 10.7 release of Portal.

Within this dashboard, I want to show two different totals within the dashboard.

1. The total number of countries that contain a point of missing individuals that falls within the countries polygon based upon the spatial relationship between the points and polygons.

2. The second total will be will be created from the point data of missing individuals representing the named countries in the country of loss field.

We think these two totals will have different numbers as the data has been compiled over the years from various sources and we're trying to create a quality control dashboard to help our management team understand the differences. Is there a possibility to create the sums in Arcade within the webmap and them use the totals within the dashboard?

Thank you for any suggestions on how to represent these two totals and fields in a dashboard.

Bethany Hall
GIS Ninja
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AbidHiraSaath
New Contributor III

While working on something similar, where the join was not using spatial relationships but rather a relationship class, we used the "Join Features" Tool in map viewer classic. If you have a common field like a "CountryID" field, with which you can define a relationship (rather than a spatial relationship), using this tool, you should be able to generate summary statistics such as a sum. You would then use the option to export this as a feature layer (view) and then use the view layer in your dashboard.

AbidHiraSaath_0-1638111078152.png

Otherwise, I dont think dashboards can use spatial filters, but it can filter through records in different feature classes if there is a common ID field. Maybe you could just try that as well. Under "Actions" using a category selector or map, you should be able to filter using a common ID field.

AbidHiraSaath_1-1638111339581.png