Arcade Code for joining to hosted table for using it on Dashboard

Jump to solution
05-12-2022 10:22 AM
anonymous55
Occasional Contributor II

Hello All,

I am looking for a arcade code which I can bring one or two fields from another table and join it with another hosted table then use it on dashboard as Table or list. 
I don't know if this is possible using Arcade? I can use join function in arcgis online but how can I keep that up to date 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you could use a Data Expression! There is an example expression for just such a scenario right here: https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/dashboard_data/JoinLayerFieldsToTable.md 

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

Soobin-Choi
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Another method would be to use a field join to join the tables/layers from Map Viewer, then publishing the joined result as a feature layer view. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 3.26.06 PM.png

Credit is not required and the data will stay up to date. Depending on the size of your dataset, using data expressions to "join" tables may cause a performance lag when loading dashboard elements. This view option might be a more scalable alternative. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like you could use a Data Expression! There is an example expression for just such a scenario right here: https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/dashboard_data/JoinLayerFieldsToTable.md 

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Soobin-Choi
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

Another method would be to use a field join to join the tables/layers from Map Viewer, then publishing the joined result as a feature layer view. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 3.26.06 PM.png

Credit is not required and the data will stay up to date. Depending on the size of your dataset, using data expressions to "join" tables may cause a performance lag when loading dashboard elements. This view option might be a more scalable alternative.