Serial Chart - Ability To Invert Y Axis - ArcGIS Dashboards

11-09-2020 04:44 PM
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

The ability to invert the Y axis of a serial chart to allow, for example, river level sensor data to be shown as you'd expect. High water (low distance to the sensor)  would be represented at the top of the graph, not the bottom.(see attached image) #dashboard-beta

8 Comments
patrickb
Status changed to: Under Consideration

TanGnar

Definitely agree this would be helpful. Triple Kudos if I could. 

We have groundwater data and values are feet below land surface. Right now, we are using a custom programmed web page, which works well, but the person who developed it has moved on to another position. If we could build out a dashboard and show the data properly with an inverted axis, we could port it over to something that could be maintained over time. 

See image for axis inverted in our application. 

This kind of thing is applicable in many geological and water applications, since they deal with the subsurface. 

TannerArrington_0-1611856606411.png

TanGnar

I'm curious if anyone can let me know if the consideration of this feature has moved along any? I ask because I am being asked to provide an update on whether we should look into an Esri solution for this in near future.

Thanks!

MarcHoogerwerf_TAP

Supportive, but also want to extend the concept to the x-axis, so the x-axis can run from right to left instead of left to right.  Our pipeline runs from East to West and our Kp's increase from East to West. All users are accustomed to reading alignment sheets from right to left with increasing Kp's so they also expect that from the charts based on Kp.

GL2
by

We need this also for water level data on the y-axis. This has been under consideration since 2020. I am really hoping this will be added quickly.

TanGnar

I know this is my third comment on this request... but I can imagine there are MANY users who could use this feature. Water is the primary use case for me, but there are many applications, and this is a common feature in other software plotting these kinds of data. 

jessearens

Adding to this idea since I also need this for my Dashboard with water heights, but found out you cannot do this yet in a Dashboard.

Amy_Gilmer

I'm using many dashboards inside a KPI Hub. It would be very helpful for our KPI data to show a decrease in GHG Emmisions. Inverting the % decrease would be optically better. Permitting an invert feature to the data would also increase the functionality of the Fill Line feature, highlighting the target area correctly. 

Amy_Gilmer_0-1699983946327.png