Operations Dashboard Table Widget/Support for Hosted Feature Layer Tables

02-07-2018 05:23 AM
DerekWicks2
New Contributor II

Are there any plans to add support for hosted feature layer tables? And a widget to display tabular data from a hosted feature layer table or attribute table? I have a dashboard built on the old desktop Operations Dashboard that I'd like to transition to the new web app version, but a number of the statistics we show use hosted feature layer tables populated by Python scripts.  

I'd like to see a widget added that would have the ability to show tabular data from a hosted feature layer table or attribute table. This would allow us to upgrade to the web app version of Ops Dashboard, while providing the same data to our users. 

8 Comments
ChrisRobinsonCOF

I also would like to see this.  I am building a dashboard to show fire AVL and Active CAD calls and it would be really nice to show the CAD calls in a table form along the bottom of the screen versus a multi line list widget along the side or bottom.

Chris

PaulCone2

Ditto.  I'm surprised that Operations Dashboard doesn't support this.  I have inspection records related to buildings (polygons).  I had the List set up for the related table but then I couldn't pan/zoom the map because the table doesn't have spatial data, so I set the List to the buildings -- I already use Python to write a status value back to the parent polygon so I can symbolize and filter on it -- but now I can't use the parent list to get details from the related table, even though they are both in the feature service.  Bummer.

Paul

DavidCarpenter

Having the options to display the attribute table of a feature layer from the map would be a great alternative to a List for some use cases.  Even for Indicators, to have the option to see the table behind display would be useful...much like the data table preview when you are configuring it.

MattBryant

This is the one missing Element that's holding me up from using the Ops Dashboard for several projects.

NorthSouthGIS

I need to see all tabular data, filter or sort some fields (like in the data tab on the item details page) and export to CSV

JohnStowell

Hi all, you might find this table widget useful if used in Operations Dashboard as Embedded Content:

https://github.com/nzjs/ESRI-Feature-Service-Table-Widget

It also supports filtering by current Dashboard selection (eg. a List object selection).

Cheers, John

patrickb
Status changed to: In Product Plan

A new table element is active development, and we are targeting the December 2021 release of ArcGIS Online for its release. 

patrickb
Status changed to: Implemented

A new table element was introduced in the December 2021 release of ArcGIS Dashboards. The following articles provide a good overview, and some more advanced techniques. 

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/real-time/table-the-newest-visualization-in-...

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/real-time/arcade-tips-for-tables-in-arcgis-d...