Operations Dashboard: Add "Zoom to" to grouped or fixed values Category Selector

07-29-2019 02:12 AM
LocatusAutomation
New Contributor II

Add "zoom to" to grouped or fixed values in the category selector.

Now it is not possible to zoom to your selection that you have made in the category selector. Our selector is based on grouped values. 

16 Comments
CarlisleHaworth1

There does seem to be a roundabout way to accomplish this. When you first setup your category selector, set it to Features instead of Grouped Values initially, then add your zoom action for the map. Once the zoom is setup and works, then go back and change the category to Grouped Values, and at least on my most recent dashboard, the zoom action sticks around. 

patrickb
Status changed to: In Product Plan

Debbie_Briedwell

The workaround for this doesn't work anymore.  We use this often, so i hope it gets added soon.

SandraLuken1
Status changed to: Implemented

In the June 2022 release of ArcGIS Dashboards, elements with categories based on grouped values can now target maps with pan, zoom, and flash actions.

JoseQuintana

@SandraLuken1 . I am currently making a dashboard, and have not seen this implemented yet. Have you or anyone found the action availability for grouped values??

MappyIan

Hi @JoseQuintana, this works fine for me.  I have a Category Selector based on Grouped Values:

MappyIan_0-1660120138211.png

And in the Actions section I can now specify the map zooms to the grouped features:

MappyIan_1-1660120178445.png

It works really well and is a big improvement.  Hope this helps.

AnthonyJonesRSK

Hi @SandraLuken1 , it seems that when using a zoom action from a selector with grouped values, it doesn't appear to respect the point zoom scale set in the map. I've raised this here but just wondered if this is a problem you are able to replicate?

Thanks

Anthony

SandraLuken1

@AnthonyJonesRSK  This is expected behavior. The point zoom scale will be applied for point features only. When there is a group of features, the aggregated extent is used. 

AnthonyJonesRSK

Hi @SandraLuken1, than you for the prompt response. The problem with the current situation is if you have two points that sit on top of one another then it zooms in far too close so you end up with a blurred base map. Could it be enhanced by changing the  point zoom scale to a minimum possible zoom rather than a definitive? This would mean that if you are zooming to an aggregated extent it would zoom to the best scale for those features but not beyond the minimum. Thanks 

SueJohnston44

Hi @SandraLuken1 ,

I'm unable to get the zoom option when I'm trying to select a grouped value (street name), I only get the filter option, not the When selection changes box.  What am I doing wrong?