Operations Dashboard: Ability to move the configuration from a test-server to production

08-11-2014 04:34 AM
KristofferWaage_Beck
New Contributor III

In an entreprise environment, test and development is usually done in a testing environment. When testing is done and passed, there is a need to move the application to the production environment.

Operations Dashboard lacks a fundamental way to migrate the configuration, from one machine to another.

please provide a way to move the configuration, without creating all the configurations all over from scratch.

3 Comments
MichaelLorenz

This belongs not only to Dashboard Apps. All Items must be moved through staging enviroments!

Kanin
by Esri Contributor

I have had this challenge before and I used this ArcGIS Pro custom tool to copy the Dashboard, the web map, and hosted feature services. However, it is not a productized tool in ArcGIS Pro and utilizes the ArcGIS API for Python, hence the warning message below.

This code is no longer being maintained or enhanced as this functionality has moved to the ArcGIS API for Python. You can now access this capability from the clone_items function on the GIS object's ContentManager. Bug fixes and enhancements will occur in subsequent releases of the ArcGIS API for Python.

patrickb
Status changed to: Closed

@KristofferWaage_Beck As noted in the comments below, the idea described here is one that is applicable to all item types supported by the ArcGIS platform (i.e. not unique to dashboards). Since the time this idea was submitted, there have been improvements to the ArcGIS sharing model (incl. the use of collaborations) as well as new APIs (e.g. Python) that might help you achieve your requirement.