Images display in Gallery Mode for enterprise services

12-09-2021 04:28 PM
ChristalHigdon_USFS
New Contributor III

The functionality doesn't seem to exist to display image attachments in Gallery Mode for a web map pop up and subsequently for the Dashboard that reads the map pop up when using enterprise published services. I get the message: "This layer only supports list view". We have a lot of data published through ArcServer services and it's very limiting that the Gallery View is only available for Esri hosted services. I did not see a Map Viewer ideas board, and we ultimately are trying to display the image attachments in a Dashboard.

3 Comments
jschuckert

@ChristalHigdon_USFS did you ever find a workaround or solution to this? I am encountering the same thing. I see this thread is a couple years old. I thought I saw something related to this eventually being supported from Enterprise sources but I am still trying to track down the details.

Jared

ChristalHigdon_USFS

@jschuckert Unfortunately, I have changed positions and am not working on this level of fun stuff anymore. I haven't heard of a workaround or solution to this but was hoping enough people would want the same functionality that Esri would add that functionality.

jschuckert

@ChristalHigdon_USFS ah makes sense. Well I appreciate the reply either way 😊  For what it's work and if you are interested, my initial workaround has been to use the Images previewer widget in Experience Builder which seems to work pretty well. You don't get the images directly in the pop-up, but rather a side window that you can configure and place where desired.

It sounds like the functionality may be available in newer versions of server and/or Enterprise, although I am confirming what version(s) that is. I am working with an older standalone AGS so likely my workaround for now will have to suffice. 

Jared