Filter by Map Extent in Operations Dashboard

06-02-2016 10:05 AM
LaurenLee
New Contributor III

It would be nice to have a option to filter by map extent in Operations Dashboard. One of solutions showcased is as an Assessor Operations Dashboard. It would be helpful to filter the sales, foreclosures, and appeals in the panes by the map extent you are working in.

4 Comments
MantasButrimavičius1

You can do this by filtering data in Operations Dashboard:

LaurenLee

Thanks for the response Mantas. I appreciate it. I have those filters set currently.

OpDashForeclosues.PNG

However, you can see from the map extent you can see there is only one "Foreclosure" (red house) in the map extent but the pane still lists all (bottom left hand pane).

OperatDashMapExtent.PNG

Am I missing something else? If this functionality is behaving incorrectly maybe I need to contact tech support. Thanks!

MantasButrimavičius1

Dear Lauren Lee,

You might miss to select filtered data as a data source layer in your widget configuration window:

Dashboard.png

patrickb
Status changed to: Already Offered

@LaurenLee  The ability to filter a dashboard's elements in response to a map extent change is included in ArcGIS Dashboards as part of the actions framework. If your intention is to share such a dashboard with the public, kindly note the best practices regarding this functionality.