Filter by Fiscal Year in Operations Dashboard

02-12-2020 12:31 PM
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Our clients have a need to filter out data by fiscal year in the Indicator tile. Esri has several date related options when selecting a period, including This Quarter and Last Quarter. But I have to specify Date is or is after 7/1/2019 AND Date is or is before 6/30/2020. The problem with this is it's static so before next fiscal year I have to go in and manually change these values. If we had the option to do 'This Fiscal Year' or 'Last Fiscal Year' that would be a better, more dynamic solution.

3 Comments
SarahBenner

This would be very useful.  Right now I have to create a calculated field to determine the fiscal year and then use that as the category filter.

Lyttle_Matthew

Would have to be country dependent as well I would imagine. But yes very useful.

SarahL
by

Agreed!

To @Lyttle_Matthew's point, maybe there could be parameters or organization settings to set the Fiscal Year's start and end to better define the filter option, "Fiscal Year".

I am only aware of July 1 to June 30. Would be interesting to consider other Fiscal Year options somehow.

Hope this can be added in the future!